Sunday 4 August 2013

Life's a beach


If work experience at an office has taught me one thing, it’s taught me how much I DON’T want to work at an office. Yack.  What could possibly be better than sitting cooped up inside a bleak office staring intently at a computer screen for 9 hours a day? Everything.
As I sat trawling through web pages I couldn’t help but wonder who actually does desire to dedicate such a large proportion of their life into their work? Not even the hefty pay cheque tempts me…not one bit.
It makes me sad that people devote their whole life to their job, putting it aside both their health and their family, and all in the name of money.
I’ve always been one to disagree with the overused quote ‘money can’t buy you happiness’ but I’m coming to realise that it’s actually not all that wrong.
Who cares if you’re earning mega bucks, yet you are working 6am-10pm in an office? Who cares if you can afford a matte black range rover if you have no time to drive it?
Despite it being a bit of a drag, this past week has taught me that all experience is good experience. That’s one other occupation crossed off the list of potential things to fulfil my life with.
Although the uncertainty of what direction I am heading in life is a little disconcerting, it’s also a little exhilarating.
The world is your oyster.
I suppose what I’m trying to say is that life is worth so much more than looming deadlines and high blood pressure tablets. There are so many things to do and so many things to see. Routines are tiresome and manage to make life feel like a chore at times but we really should take some time out to just look at the world and our life and think ‘Damn, this life is pretty sweet.’
Rant over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment